I’ve been really busy lately; my job has been crazy, I’ve been working like mad from home on a very exciting project (I can’t wait for you guys to see it) all the while trying to sort everything I need for Israel and trying to start my personal training qualifications, it’s honestly been crazy crazy in my house recently. Whilst I’ve been running around the house like the Tazmanian Devil I saw in one of my emails that I’d been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award and it honestly just made my day.
The Sunshine Blogger Award, for those of you that haven’t heard of it before is an award nominated by fellow bloggers; it aims to create a little bit of sunshine in the blogging community and shows that you’re loved and that somebody (who has been nominated themselves) thinks your content is inspiring, creative and is worthy of this award.
Well the Sunshine award has definitely added a little ray of sunshine into my life! Today I’ve been walking around like I’m on cloud 9! Blogging can be such hard work sometimes and can often me quite lonely- it’s really easy to feel disjointed from people when you’re behind a computer screen 24/7 but this award has really made me feel like it’s all been worthwhile. I may be a bit of a moaning myrtle sometimes but I genuinely do love doing what I do and this award has sealed the deal for me!
Thank you so much to Alecia for nominating me. She is an absolute angel and you can check her out here!
This award gives the nominees a chance to do a little Q&A and gives you guys a chance to learn things about me you may not already know, so here are the questions Alecia asked me…
1. What motivates you the most?
I’m a real believer of self belief, self love and self confidence- I’m also a very competitive person so I guess I would have to say that I motivate myself. I’m constantly competing with past Katie, if I did something yesterday then you can bet I can do it better today. I’ve learnt that if you truly want to make things happen then you will. It doesn’t matter who is trying to push me, it will only happen when I really want it to; this is how I quit smoking, adopted a healthy lifestyle and so on.
2. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
Blogging allows me to speak freely, give advice and help others. I love talking to and meeting new people through my blog (sometimes I find it really difficult to believe that people actually read my work!) and giving them travel advice- it makes my day! I also think I’m really lucky as a woman to be able to use my voice and I’m incredibly grateful for that.
3. If you could be a celebrity, who would it be?
Zendaya, I’m obsessed with her!
4. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
I don’t really get embarrassed, I’m a laugh it off kinda gal!
5. If time machines were real, would you go to the future or to the past?
Always look ahead, I’d go to the future for sure.
6. Why? (See question above)
The past has already happened and it’s shaped who I am today, I’d love to meet myself in 50 years time and see what stories I have to tell.
7. What’s your favorite trait about yourself?
I may be one of the most sarcastic people you may ever meet, I may sometimes complain about things and get stressed but deep down there is always a little voice in my head telling my that everything is going to be okay. Sometimes that voice can be really annoying; when all I want to do is mope around and feel sorry for myself that little voice refuses to let me. As annoying as that may be I love that about myself.
8. What’s your favorite movie?
A little Princess- The only film I can watch when I’m ill and I watched it so many times as a child. It reminds me of my mum and it feels like home.
9. Are you a “break it down” on the dance floor or a 2-stepper?
If I ever turn into a 2-stepper you have my permission to slap me in the face.
10. Are you type A personality or type B?
I’m the most Type A person I know
11. What’s your biggest goal for 2018?
To live in the moment, spend more quality time with loved ones, take better care of myself, be grateful…and to be able to do an unassisted pull up!
My nominations are…
My Questions are…
1. What would be on the gag reel of your life?
2. If you could change 3 things about the world, what would you change?
3. If you were having a dinner party, what 3 infamous people would you invite? (dead or alive)
4. If you could be an animal which animal would it be?
5. What’s your favourite fashion trend this year?
6. If you were going to get a tattoo what would it be and where would you have it?
7. Who is your favourite person in the world?
8. If you could have any super power what would you have?
9. What animal would your patronus be?
10. What would you do with £1000,000 ?
11. What’s the meaning of life?