This week is a very special occasion; of course I’m not talking about valentines day, as a greedy guts, flood lover, pancake day is my jam. Naturally, I get so excited about these things I just couldn’t make it until Tuesday, but now I’ve had my fill Tuesday will most likely come and go and I won’t want to see another pancake after today (but these ones are so delicious we’ll have to see).
If you love bananas, if you love berries, if you love peanut butter and if you love chocolate then this pancake recipe is for you! Quite possibly the best things I’ve ever tasted (and no I’m not exaggerating), these pancakes are so easy and so quick to make, plus you don’t need any fancy ingredients- in fact I’ll bet you have everything you need in your kitchen.
Proof you don’t need cow’s milk or eggs to make delicious pancakes!
For the pancakes
135g of rolled oats
100g dark chocolate
300ml almond milk
For the topping
1 tbsp of peanut butter (I prefer the natural stuff)
1 handful of berries (I used frozen and defrosted them in the microwave)
1 tbsp Agave Nectar (You could easily substitute this for Maple Syrup/ any other sweetener you have)
100g dark chocolate (You could either use chips or chop a bar into small chunks)
- Pour the oats into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds until it has a flour like texture
- Add the banana, almond milk and chocolate into the blender and mix until it has made a batter
- Add a little oil into a hot frying pan and then add a spoonful of the batter to the pan
- Wait around a minute or until the pancake moves freely around the pan and flip
- Begin to stack your pancakes
- Repeat until you’ve ran out of mixture
- Top the pancakes with peanut butter, berries, left over banana, chocolate chunks and sweetener.
Easy frickin peasy!
These no-flour, chocolate vegan pancakes taste so good you will never have enough of them. Let me know how you get on with them and tag #wherekatiegoes so I can see your pancake creations!
Bon Appetit xx