Today is a VERY exciting day and this is a very exciting post; it’s officially my 100th published post for sliceofkate.com- my baby, my lovechild, my sanity. When I first started writing I had no idea that anybody would actually want to read my ramblings, it was my therapy and my way to tell loved ones where I was (without being a normal functioning human and just picking up the phone). I am immensely happy and eternally grateful to you, whoever you are for clicking on my tiny page and reading my stories, they really are all I have. Thank you for embarking on this journey with me; we’ve travelled from Venice to Vietnam, Ljubljana to Laos and from Madrid to Malaysia; I’ve made many mistakes, I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve loved and above all…I’ve lived- if you take anything from my blog; you don’t need to teach, you don’t need to travel, you don’t need to budget or save, you don’t need to do any of things I do. Just live…and live your life as best as you possibly can, the way you want to. You only get one shot.
I began to realise how important it was to become an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good. – Roald Dahl
Here are some things I am grateful for as of right now as I’m typing this post, as well as some of my favourite images Joe and I have taken over the past couple of years. Enjoy!
- My Mum- my number 1 fan. She is always incredibly supportive and incessantly worry free (‘Mum I got a tattoo of a pig’ ‘aww how sweet’, ‘Mum I’m planning on travelling the Middle East’ ‘Wow, that seems incredible)…she’s impossible to phase.
- My boyfriend Joe- my partner in crime, my travel partner, the better half of me.
- Hollie and John- we bicker like an actual family and I’ll miss that when we’ve moved away
- My first school in Thailand- I’ll be honest, at times it’s been unbearable but it threw me in the deep end but it put me in survival mode; I feel like I can take on any challenge after I’ve worked there for a term
- My baby niece- she’s just learnt how to smile and it’s the most adorable thing, i can’t wait to meet you little one
- Joe’s family- you’re always on hand to offer help, love and support
- Blue skies, sunshine, sea breeze and a lush jungles- my happy drug, I’ll see you next week!
Here’s to the next 100!